Monday, July 3, 2017

Yummy Vegetarian Soup

Last night I made a delicious vegetarian soup for dinner. The photo doesn't do it justice.


I run a Facebook produce swap group in my local area and was lucky enough to swap some of my citrus for some pumpkins and some kale.

I watered my garden and picked the produce I needed from my garden in the morning.


I then got a large container and put all the ingredients I needed for the recipe into that box. It made dinner time as simple as chopping and cooking and reduced my meal time cooking. I think I will use this system regularly. 




As you can see I popped the recipe in too. I put it into a plastic sleeve to protect it.

I made changes to the recipe to make it suit our family.
I doubled the herbs
Three leeks
I used two litres of filtered water and 8 measured teaspoons of continental vegetable stock instead of the liquid stock.
That's about all I changed really.
Let me tell you, we will be eating this again. It was one of the best soups I have had.
I kept the leftover scraps as I can possibly make a Vegie stock out of these in a couple of days time and maybe freeze it.


Here is the link to the recipe.


Now...costings, and yes, it was a cheap meal for our family.
Pumpkin free
Kale free
Beans two tins for $3
Leeks  $2
Herbs free
Stock  .50 
Bread rolls  $2
Garlic about $1
I forgot about the Parmesan, but it tasted wonderful without it anyway.
So, a total of $8.50 to feed a family of 8 and we even had leftovers which I will be having for lunch today.

It's worth a try, even satisfied my meat eaters.

Oh, and here is a photo of my lovely soap drying. I think I just might give real soap a go...






Let me know if you try the soup and what you think about it.

Until next time
Lots of it
Mandy
xxx

No comments:

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...