Monday, August 7, 2017

Blueberry Muffins Paleo Style Recipe

So, Monday means Recipe day.

I have recently started using Foober, which is a food delivery company that creates fairly decent meals for all diets, but I am having the paleo one. Ten meals for the week, and making food for the other nights.

So, being back on paleo again makes me feel good. I don't know why I digress from it, oh wait, I do actually, I miss cheese and bread and rice...lol...but at the moment I am trying to lose weight, so paleo works the best for me.

Which brings me to a the recipe. It is nice to have what feels like a treat every now and then.




So, a quick Google and a search of what I had in my cupboard and I came up with this recipe.

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
ingredients
2 cups of almond meal
2 pinches of bicarbonate soda
1 pinch salt
Two eggs
One cup of tinned coconut milk
3 tablespoons of coconut syrup (honey or maple syrup would work I think )
3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or powder
Half a cup of dried blueberries

Method
Mix it all together and pop into 12 patty pans, or muffin pans.
I cooked for 25 minute snacks on 180 degree pre heated oven.
I also sprinkled slivered almonds onto the top before I cooked the,.

Let me tell you, they taste amazing.
I have frozen them. I will be giving my sister some as she is eating paleo style as well.

Let me know if you give them a try.
Oh, and yes, I am still using what I have at home. It's brilliant.

Until next time
Lots of it
Mandy

No comments:

Challenge For This Weeks Food for the Family

It’s been a while I know. Life happens, keeps us busy, and you even forget you have a blog let alone write in it. So here it is...a CHAL...